Monday 5 February 2018

Waitangi Day Readings

First Reading

Isaiah 32:15-18
15 until a spirit from on high is poured out on us,
    and the wilderness becomes a fruitful field,
    and the fruitful field is deemed a forest.
16 Then justice will dwell in the wilderness,
    and righteousness abide in the fruitful field.
17 The effect of righteousness will be peace,
    and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever.
18 My people will abide in a peaceful habitation,
    in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.

Psalm 84:9-13


9 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer;
 give ear, O God of Jacob.
 10 Turn your eyes, O God, our shield;
 look on the face of your anointed.

11 One day within your courts
 is better than a thousand elsewhere.
 The threshold of the house of God
 I prefer to the dwellings of the wicked.

12 For the LORD God is a sun, a shield;
 the LORD will give us his favor and glory.
 He will not withhold any good
 to those who walk without blame.
 13 O LORD of hosts, how blessed
 is the man who trusts in you!

Gospel Reading John 15: 9-12



“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.






No comments:

Post a Comment